Call For A Free Case Evaluation (908) 421 3668

Parlo Italiano. Hablo Español.

JSD Legal
JSD Legal

680 RT 33 East
Suite 10
East Windsor, NJ 08520

Call For A Free Case Evaluation (908) 421 3668 Parlo Italiano. Hablo Español.

If you break traffic laws, your driving privileges could be suspended or revoked resulting in fines or even imprisonment.

The seriousness of your violations and the aggravating factors surrounding the incident will ultimately determine the consequences that result from a potential guilty plea.

What Offenses Might Lead To A Suspended License In New Jersey?

The seriousness of your violation and resulting penalties if found guilty are tracked by the Motor Vehicle Commission via a points system.

If you are convicted of a moving violation, the Motor Vehicle Commission will penalize you by adding points to your driving record. You will not only get points added to your record for certain moving violations, but the number of points already on your record can lead to larger and more severe consequences.

In the state of New Jersey, 6 or more points within 3 years on your current driving records will result in a surcharge from the Motor Vehicle Commission. If you get 12 or more points on your current driving record, your license will be suspended.

Additionally, getting points on your driver’s license may result in your insurance rates increasing.

Should I Just Pay My Traffic Ticket Or Moving Violation And Be Done With It?

I would never advise a client to pay fines on a ticket or moving violation without consulting an attorney first.

You have nothing to lose by contacting me for a free consultation. This is important because a consultation can give you an explanation of your rights and insight into the potential consequences that may result from paying a traffic ticket or moving violation.

You should keep in mind, paying a traffic ticket is the same as entering a guilty plea to the traffic ticket.

What’s more, the ticket may only indicate a fine – but that doesn’t mean that the fine is the only penalty you will face. There are often points associated with an offense that you may not have known about, and which may have negative and substantial consequences on your license.

When Should I Hire A Moving Violation Attorney In New Jersey To Help Me With My Traffic Citation?

You can always hire an attorney before the disposition of your case, meaning before you enter a guilty plea. You do not have the burden of proving yourself innocent. The state has to prove you guilty and they have to do so beyond a reasonable doubt.

One of the more important and time-sensitive pieces of discovery that I request is for the state or police headquarters to immediately preserve anybody cam footage and motor vehicle recordings – commonly known as MVRs.

This evidence may be erased after a certain period of time, depending on the protocol for that particular police station. However, this is an important piece of discovery that may assist you in having the matter reduced or dismissed completely.

For more information on Aggravation Of Moving Violation In NJ, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (908) 421 3668 today.

Jason D'Aniello, Esq.

Call For A Free Case Evaluation
(908) 421 3668
Parlo Italiano. Hablo Español.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Translate »
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U